APGA ISSUES PROVISIONAL TIMETABLE/SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES FOR 2018 PRIMARY ELECTIONS
The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) has issued the Timetable for the conduct of her 2018 party primaries. In a release made available to anambraprime.com, the National Organizing Secretary of the party said as follows: Pursuant to its powers under Articles 12 (3) and 24 of the APGA Constitution 2014(as amended), the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) met on 29th August 2019 and approved the following provisional Timetable/Schedule of Activities for 2018 primary elections towards the forthcoming 2019 general election:
1. SCREENING OF PROSPECTIVE ASPIRANTS AND DETERMINATION OF APPEALS ARISING THEREFROM
- State House of Assembly Screening at the State Secretariats of the Party or other venue within the State: September 14th–15th, 2018.
- Determination of Appeals arising from the State House of Assembly Screening: September 17th, 2018.
- House of Representatives Screening at the State Secretariats of the Party or other venue within the State: September 15th-16th, 2018.
- Determination of Appeals arising from the House of Representatives Screening: September 18th, 2018.
- Senate Screening at the State Secretariats of the Party or other venue within the State: September 20th, 2018.
- Determination of Appeals arising from the Senate Screening: September 22nd, 2018.
- Governorship Screening at the Party’s National Secretariat, Abuja: September 20th-21st, 2018.
- Determination of Appeals arising from the Governorship Screening: September 24th 2018.
- Presidential Screening at the Party’s National Secretariat, Abuja: September 25th 2018.
- Determination of Appeals by the National Working Committee (NWC) arising from the Presidential Screening: September 27th 2018.
2. NON ELECTIVE SPECIAL NATIONAL CONVENTION, STATE CONGRESSES AND PRIMARY ELECTIONS FOR THE NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES
- Purchase and Return of 3 man Ad-Hoc Ward Delegates Nomination Forms: September 17th-19th, 2018.
- Screening of prospective Ad-Hoc Delegates across the Local Government Areas of each State: September 20th 2018.
- Ward Congresses for the election of 3 man Ad-Hoc Delegates per Ward: September 22nd 2018.
- State House of Assembly primary elections: September 25th 2018.
- House of Representatives primary elections: September 27th 2018.
- Senatorial primary elections: September 29th 2018.
- Governorship primary elections: October 2nd 2018.
- Non-Elective Special National Convention for the nomination of Presidential Candidate: October 4th 2018.
3. RESOLUTION OF APPEALS/DISPUTES ARISING FROM THE NON ELECTIVE SPECIAL NATIONAL CONVENTION, STATE CONGRESSES AND ALL PRIMARY ELECTIONS
- Resolution of State House of Assembly and National Assembly primary election appeals/disputes: October 2nd 2018.
- Resolution of Governorship primary election and National Convention appeals/disputes: October 6th 2018.
- All appeals arising from the primary elections shall be directed to the National Secretariat of the Party and determined at the same venue by the appropriate and relevant Appeal Panels.
- A. The dates specified above are subject to change. Consequently, given the vagaries of primary elections, the Party reserves the right to make adjustments/changes to the dates specified above in accordance with the INEC Timetable and Schedule of Activities for the 2019 general election.
- B. Aspirants are strongly advised to carefully peruse the APGA Electoral Guidelines for Primary Elections 2018 before completing and returning their Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms.
Signed: AKUNWATA MIKE KWENTOH National Organizing Secretary, APGA