Below are seven things you probably didn’t know about him:
1. Rabiu was born on October 9, 1928 into the family of Muhammadu Rabiu Dan Tinki in Bichi, Kano State.
2. His father was an Islamic scholar who ran his own quranic school.
3. He established his holding company, Isyaku Rabiu & Sons in 1952.
4. His company started off trading in sewing machines, religious books and bicycles; and, later, textiles.
5. As at the time of his death, Isyaku Rabiu & Sons had a history of investment in manufacturing, insurance, banking and real estate.
6. Rabiu was, until his death, a Tijjaniya Muslim leader.
7. Isyaku Rabiu is a billionaire and a philanthropist.